Washington State University will be recognized as one of the nation’s leading land-grant research universities.
Washington State University is a public research university committed to its land-grant heritage and tradition of service to society. Our mission is threefold:
- To advance knowledge through creative research and scholarship across a wide range of academic disciplines.
- To extend knowledge through innovative educational programs in which emerging scholars are mentored to realize their highest potential and assume roles of leadership, responsibility, and service to society.
- To apply knowledge through local and global engagement that will improve quality of life and enhance the economy of the state, nation, and world.
- Quality and Excellence: We are committed to maintaining quality and excellence in all our endeavors.
- Integrity, Trust, and Respect: We are committed to being an institution that demonstrates trust and respect for all persons and cultivates individual and institutional integrity in all that we do.
- Discovery, Innovation, and Creativity: We are committed to the pursuit of inquiry and discovery and to the creation and dissemination of knowledge.
- Land-grant Ideals: We are committed to the land-grant ideals of access, engagement, leadership, and service to bring the practical benefits of education to the state, nation, and global community.
- Diversity and Global Citizenship: We embrace a worldview that values diversity and cultural differences and recognizes the importance of global interdependence and sustainability.
- Freedom of Expression: We are committed to being a community that protects the free exchange of ideas while encouraging dialog that is constructive and civil.
- Stewardship and Accountability: We are committed to being ethical and responsible stewards of University resources and to being accountable for upholding the full scope of these values.
Achieve national and international preeminence in innovation, discovery, and creativity.
Provide a premier education and transformative experience that prepares students to excel in a global society.
Lead in relevant local, national, and global outreach and engagement.
Embrace an environment of diversity, integrity, and transparency.