Lead in relevant local, national, and global outreach
- Market our premier education to a diverse and global audience.
- Consult with, assist, and learn from Washington and international businesses and organizations.
- Aid informed decision-making and progressive public policy development that leads to better-informed governments.
- Fuel the new economy with innovative ideas.
Relevant local and global engagement
Progress will be benchmarked by:
-Curricular engagement5 indicators at or above
-Outreach6 and partnership7 indicators at or above target
-Faculty conducting engaged scholarship8 compared to peer average
Curricular Engagement Indicators
- Academic courses with community-based learning
- Distance degree students earning bachelor’s degrees
- Distance degree students earning advanced degrees
- International programs and student participation
Outreach and Partnership Indicators
- Public service expenditures as reported to IPEDS9
- Endowment funds earmarked for community engagement
- Extramural international development dollars
- Partnerships with external organizations aligned with WSU areas of expertise
- Extension and professional education offerings
- Volunteer enrollment in WSU community-based programs
- Small Business Development Center client hours, loans/capital obtained
- Invention disclosures received
- Licenses/options executed
- Start-up businesses resulting from WSU research
- Impact on societal needs (qualitative and illustrated by examples)
5. Knowledge-based teaching/learning, research, and
service for the direct benefit of external
6. Teaching, learning, and scholarship that engages faculty, students, and community in mutually beneficial and respectful collaboration, addresses community-identified needs, deepens students’ civic and academic learning, enhances community well-being, and enriches scholarship of the institution
7. Application and provision of institutional resources for community use with benefits to both campus and community
8. Collaborative interactions with community and related scholarship for the mutually beneficial exchange, exploration, and application of knowledge, information, and resources
9. Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System of the National Center for Education Statistics