Goal 3: Outreach, Extension, Service, and Engagement
Washington State University will be a national leader in advancing quality of life, economic development, sustainability, and equity through meaningful engagement in discovery, education, and service with partners throughout the state, nation, and world.
- Improve and implement cohesive, system-wide mechanisms for assessing and communicating the impact and value of outreach, extension, service, and engagement.
- Increase the alignment of WSU priorities with the needs, challenges, and opportunities in the state of Washington identified via outreach, extension, service, and engagement activities.
- Increase outreach, extension, service, and engagement activities across all colleges, all campuses, and throughout the state, as an essential element to achieving the WSU land grant mission.
- Increase and enhance partnerships with under-represented communities.
- Increase University-wide resource investment in outreach, extension, service, and engagement activities.
- Increase the impact of outreach, extension, service, and engagement activities to improve human health.
- Strengthen collaborations with industry partners to enhance the student experience, including practicums, internships, and research opportunities.
- Nurture and promote mental, physical, and social wellbeing among students.