Goal 4: Institutional Effectiveness and Infrastructure
WSU will advance a culture of engagement and collaboration across its multi-campus system that values and invests in resources – physical, financial, human, and intellectual – leveraging these to become the social and economic drivers for the community, the state, and the world.
- Budget and planning: Align financial resources with strategic plan goals and engage in integrated planning of current educational programs and research efforts to maintain and strengthen their quality.
- Modernization of infrastructure: Modernize facilities, technology, business practices, and campus environments to be safe, sustainable, and supportive for future areas of growth and leading-edge practices in teaching, learning, and research.
- System: Enhance overall internal buy-in for the WSU system and appreciation for all of its assets and components.
- Staff recruitment and retention: Increase the hiring and retention of exceptional faculty and staff – who represent diversity in all its forms – to advance research and the educational experience.
- Produce an annual operating budget that promotes transparency around the current allocation of resources and informs the planning of future incentive-based budget models.
- Promote an enhanced infrastructure and technology planning process incorporating input from a wide range of internal stakeholders to prioritize deferred maintenance and long-term technology needs that support WSU’s aspirational growth.
- Form a team representative of the system and all its components to identify hindering and helping forces to promote system-wide best practices, opportunities for local decision-making, and collaboration based on a set of shared values and principles.
- Continue to advance and enhance programs focused on the hiring and retention of diverse faculty and staff including recruitment initiatives, training, mentoring/equity advisor programs, and University and community resources.