Strategic Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Council Charter
The purpose of the Strategic Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Council is to lead the creation and implementation of a new 5-year strategic plan that will set the strategic direction and priorities for the Washington State University system.
- Review the components of the current 2014-2019 strategic plan (i.e., Vision, Mission, Values, etc.) and consider which plan elements should incorporated in the new plan.
- Identify emergent strategic issues that are not addressed in the current plan.
- Actively engage with and solicit feedback and data from identified stakeholder groups regarding elements of the strategic plan, including modifications needed to the existing elements and the additions of new elements to reflect the perspective of the WSU system. Convene and participate in conversations with other University leaders on these topics.
- Monitor feedback from the University community and draft the strategic plan, including purpose, values, vision, and goals, for the system plan.
- Consider and incorporate into the plan, as appropriate, feedback and recommendations from other institutional leaders, planning groups, and University stakeholders.
- Communicate regularly and openly with the University community about the development of the system plan using a variety of outreach and engagement efforts.
- Provide guidance to ensure campus and unit plans align with the system plan.
- Promote and advocate for implementation of a system plan to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Guide, monitor, and advance the strategic planning process.
- Review and refine the draft(s) of the strategic plan to be presented to the Board of Regents for consideration and approval.
- Develop a process to implement the plan.
- Identify and deliberate on opportunities and challenges based on regular assessments of the internal and external environments.
- Devise a process for annual structural and operational process review to support the plan’s continued alignment with and advancement of WSU’s vision, mission, values, and goals.